Monday, July 25, 2011

Running

Forrest Gump: That day, for no particular reason, I decided to go for a little run. So I ran to the end of the road. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd run to the end of town. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd just run across Greenbow County. And I figured, since I run this far, maybe I'd just run across the great state of Alabama. And that's what I did. I ran clear across Alabama. For no particular reason I just kept on going. I ran clear to the ocean. And when I got there, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well turn around, just keep on going. When I got to another ocean, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well just turn back, keep right on going.


I used to run.
I used to LOVE to run.
I used to run all the time.

Now, I never run.  I really miss it.  I don't think I've been out running in probably a year.  I used to run in my parent's neighborhood because I didn't have to go anywhere except out my front door.  Where I live now isn't anywhere I want to run.  AT ALL.  It's a dirt road and very very sandy.  Plus, it's not very stroller friendly.  Which brings me to my next point...

I know you don't HAVE to get a jogging stroller, but our stroller isn't one I think I want to run with(however, we absolutely LOVE our stroller so if you're in the market for one, take a look at them!).  So, for you runners out there with jogging strollers or whatever, do you have any suggestions as to what I should be looking for?


Anyone else want to start running?

1 comment:

  1. My best friends that I teach with all went in together and got us one. Here it is...
    http://www.babyjogger.com/fit_dtl.aspx

    I have a friend that has a B.O.B. but it is A LOT of money! I have another friend that has a jeep brand from Babies R Us and it is good but probably wouldn't last well on a dirt road (It's a lot cheaper)

    We use our chicco all the time and only use our jogger for running...jesse rigged the carseat in the jogger when she was younger and he just started strapping her in about 5 months (it says 6 months)

    ReplyDelete