Thursday, September 15, 2011

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

Thank you Gandhi.

In the spirit of "being the change"...let's conference.

I really need people to learn how to work on 4-way stop. They're really not that hard to master.  The order in which the cars stop, that's the order in which the cars go through the intersection.  Why is this so hard for people?



I like to think that I'm a "real" person.  I don't put on airs for anyone, or whatever the phrase is.  If  you read my blog and then have a conversation with me on the street, you'll see that it's all the same.  I don't use the "good china" when you're at my house (that's for holidays - you coming over does not qualify as a holiday).  If you show up to my house, I promise that it looks exactly like it did yesterday, just a little cleaner.  The table actually does stay halfway set (there are plates with napkins in napkin rings) because Ryan and I don't eat at the table.  We eat on the couch so we can interact with Hannah more, plus our couch is comfy.  People that change the way they look, the way their house is decorated (with the exception of holidays), the way they talk, bug the absolute snot out of me.  Stop it. Be real, you're not fooling anyone.



I realize that this next little rant is going to probably offend some people, but I just don't get it.

Dirt bike - DIRT
Motorcycle - ROAD

Explain (please!) why people use dirt bikes as a form of transportation on the road.  It seems like they're trying to make them seem like motorcycles. They're not, really, they're made for riding on dirt.  I just don't understand why, if you want to be on the road, you don't just go buy a motorcycle and stop playing charades.

***So, it has come to my attention that there are these things called "Dual Sport".  What you see on the road are Dual sport bikes.  They're meant for on & off the road.  "They're not your typical 'dirt bikes'."  I was unaware..obviously.  Now we all know :)  Thank you, Dan.***

No comments:

Post a Comment